The Ontario government delivered devastating changes to the Ontario Autism Program that hurt children and families across the province.
Opposition MPPs have met with families, educators, clinicians, experts and people living with autism to discuss the impact of these changes on their lives. We want to share what we have heard from the many Ontarians who have shared their stories with us.
Read the Ontario Autism Program Report Here.
Below are the top seven themes we heard over many months of consulting with families, experts, advocates, clinicians and people living with autism.
- Services should be provided based on need
- The financial burden is overwhelming
- Provide a range of evidence-based services
- More support in schools
- Build service capacity
- Help navigating the system
- Regulation for ABA providers